To celebrate Parent’s day, we invited my maternal grandmother and decided to take a video. She is got embarrassed because we’re taking a video suddenly after I just told her “Let’s have a meal together” The reason I invited my maternal grandmother but my parents for parent’s day is because my parents both worked when I was growing up. In the early 1980’s, around the time I was born, I was the only child who had parents both working. – That’s true, right?
– Yes, it was. So when I was in elementary school and when there was a important school event hat I had to bring my mom, Instead, I went there. Yes, she came to school instead of my mother. So, at that time, I should have been thankful to her, but since all my friends came with their mothers and I was the only student with a maternal grandmother, I hated that situation. So, I said lots of bad things to her. Like, I hate you so much. Do you remember that? Yes, I remember. You were too young at that time. Yeah, I told words that broke her heart, when I was too young and juvenile. So, we used to hire a sitter but they would quit not until long enough. Because, I was a little bit too much of a tomboy. They said I was to too much to handle and would quit. Because it was too hard to take care of children. So, my grandmother took care of me in the past. I ate only what I liked at that time. I didn’t eat any vegetables, or greens. Actually, I don’t eat them even now. In fact… My parents don’t scold me for that. But only my maternal grandmother told me to have a balanced diet. I said to her at that time. So I hated her so much at that time because she scolded me like that. I told her that I hated her the most. Because she nags me. That’s true. When I think of it now, I could not even imagine how would I have grown up if it wasn’t for her. My mother also could do her job as a working mother, thanks to grandma. When she was young, she had a serious atopic disease that she scratched her body so hard at night. I almost tied both her hands. My parents told that a discharge secreted from both my cheeks because I scratched so hard. – She could not sleep well.
– I could not sleep well. Both my younger brothers did not have atopic disease, even we were born from same parents. They did not, they did not. I only have it. When my mother was pregnant with me, since she got lots of stress from her life, she always ate ramen. I think that’s the reason you are atopic. Because it is just delicious. After hearing the story, I thought maybe it’s all because of my mother. But my father always turned on the humidifier, That’s true. In fact, my father had an allergic coryza but not an atopic disease, but the thing is, allergic coryza, allergic asthma and atopic disease are the same thing. I got atopic disease because I got genes from my father, and my brothers had pimples because they got genes from my mother. My first younger brother had some pimples. My second younger brother had a little sensitive, dry and oily skin. I had lots of concerns in genetics since when I was young. I think most of the parents who have children with atopic disease might know that they scratch their skins until they bleed. – But from some day, it got better.
– It got better. When I was in high school, since the school was kind of special, so I had to live in a dormitory, – and my skin condition got better when I was living in the dormitory.
– Yes, it got better. – Because it was located near mountains
– It was at the foot of a mountain. The air was really good. I knew it when I was working as a resident at a university hospital, people who have atopic disease are sensitive to invisible substances in the air. My grandmother is ok with that. I’m fine with that. My grandma has better skin than me. While I have to apply cream for 5~6 times a day, She’s okay with just twice. And she also likes to eat fish which is good for health. Fish is great for skins, and she likes them so much. She eats proteins in fish, meat, – and also eats vegetable proteins in a bean, and also eats fish like a mackerel.
– That’s good for you. – She eats meat and also eggs.
– You have to have a balanced diet. I really like eggs, but don’t like beans. Instead, I like tofu so I try to have both vegetable protein and animal protein evenly. When I ask her if she’s applying moisturizers well, she would answer she is using them well, that she had enough amount left ,which was a lie. She lied that she still has products left that I gave her even when in fact she had used them all. Also, the thing that had expired for a year and a half? Yes it had expired. She was applying a product that had expired for a year and a half, and got her face broke out. So my younger brother found it, surprised and called me right away. He told me to buy some cosmetics products to grandmother. I thought it might cost a lot. She cares about us so much and gives everything for us, so I’m going to give cosmetics for my grandmother as a gift. What cosmetics do you use nowadays? Do you apply moisturizer and sun block on your face? – One that you gave me.
– Yes – I use them.
– Okay. First of all, this is a vitamin ampoule and it looks like this. You just have to put one drop on your face. Do you want to try? Like this. A drop. Apply one drop on each cheek, forehead, and chin like this. tap softly. It is not that sticky, right? It’s not. You can use lotion or cream after applying vitamin C serum first. This serum has cholesterol, fatty acid and ceramide. And cholesterol has the largest proportion. – It’s good.
– Yes, it’s true. Those over 60s lack cholesterol the most. So you need ceramide, cholesterol, and fatty acid all, and cholesterol is the most needed among them. So scoop a little amount with a spoon like this, put it on your cheeks. It’s better to apply several times when your skin is dry. Your skin condition is better than mine. Do you also want to put this, after you put sun block and moisturizer? It makes your skin brighter. It’s better when you apply it evenly. After you put vitamin ampoule, put moisturizing lotion or cream that fits you. At last, put sun block. You put it like this. I have such a great grand daughter, so I became a pretty woman. And also, when your arms and legs are itchy, you have to put body lotion everyday. Your skins of arms and legs might be drier, you apply both of them. However, since your skin is not dry as mine, I think this one should be enough. You have callus on your feet. Yes I have. And this one is Urea. I told you before, right? Yes, I did. This cream had lots of issues because of its urea substance. Dermatologists prescribe this urea cream to people with serious callus issues on their feet. It is very sticky and smells like a urine, but when you put it several times, the callus get softer, and also gives moisture to your skin. However, never put it on the face. You should not do that. So, for celebrating parents’ day, I invited my grandmother to appear on my video. Thank you for raising me up and please live longer healthy. I’m so thankful that you gave me these many presents. – I love you, grandmother.
– I love you. Instead of caring only for yourself, our parents grudge money on cosmetics so why not buy them some cosmetics like body lotion, which are not that expensive, so when you ask them to apply them, you can save money for hospitals. There are many people who are having a hard time with itchy skins, even when they take dozens of medicines for that. For that case, when you apply body lotion once a day, your skin gets better. She applied them so well, I’m not itchy at all. – Before, she said she had some itchiness
– I’m not itchy at all now. It is better to watch my video to gain knowledge, because I’m a doctor Judy, the dermatologist. But I am also a daughter and grand daughter of someone. So, I wanted to communicate with that topic with lots of people, and I wanted to talk things that you can empathize, so I asked my grandmother to take a video with be. Subscribe, do it like this. Please click subscribe, like and an alarm button, and share this video with others. I love you. See you next time! Bye!